Our Parents and Citizens Association welcomes you!
The Beerwah State School Parents & Citizens Association (P&C) is a vibrant and caring group of parents and other community members that promotes the interests, and facilitates the development and further improvement of the school. The major functions of the P&C are:
- to foster general community interest in educational matters;
- to endeavour to bring about closer co-operation between the parents of students attending the school, other members of the community and the staff and students of the school;
- to provide advice and recommendations to the school Principal on issues and concerns in respect of students and the general operation and management of the school;
- to provide or assist in the provision of financial or other resources or services for the benefit of students of the school; and
- to participate in any committee or other body comprising members of the school and wider community, which will contribute to the general benefit of students attending the school.
The P&C operates the Tuckshop and Uniform Shop as a service to our students, families and staff. These businesses generate funds for the benefit of the students. Volunteers are always welcome at our tuckshop and are necessary to keep the tuckshop operational.
The P&C also has other committees and holds fundraising ventures and other activities throughout each year and your support of these activities is always appreciated.
Please consider becoming a volunteer at our school, as there are many other ways that you may be able to help at the school. For more information about volunteering at the school please phone (07) 5436 5555.
Meetings are held on the 4th Monday of each month (in our Resource Centre at 6.00pm). These meetings provide a good means of keeping up to date with what is happening at Beerwah State School, with reports being presented each month by the Principal and the P&C. Please complete the attached P&C Application for Membership to join our P&C and help us in helping our students.