Prep is the first year of school and provides the foundation for your child's education. From 2017, it is compulsory for Queensland children to undertake Prep prior to Year 1. Prep is a full-time program that children attend from Monday to Friday during normal school hours.
The Beerwah State School Prep program includes:
- Activity-based, age appropriate program
- Supportive, caring, warm, stable and challenging environment
- Flexible learning
- Comprehensive indoor/outdoor program
- The Arts and Physical Education lessons with specialist teachers
- Extensive transition to build confidence for Year 1
- Library borrowing
- Classroom & ICT Hub access to computers and ipads
- Robotic/Coding program
- Playground and sandpit just for Prep students
- Developmentally appropriate literacy and numeracy skills program
In Prep, teachers support children's learning by making connections between school and their experiences at home, kindergarten or childcare. Prep provides the foundation for your child's success at school by developing:
- the knowledge, understanding and skills detailed in the Australian Curriculum for English, mathematics, science and history (Foundation Year)
- a positive approach to learning
- independence and confidence
- creativity and problem-solving skills
- physical abilities, including gross and fine motor skills.
- social skills in learning and play
Children must be aged 5 years by 30 June in the year they start Prep. To determine when your child can commence their prep year, use the prep ready reckoner calculator.
To enrol in our Prep program visit Enrolling at Our School &