At Beerwah State School our focus is on maximising learning outcomes for all students & developing a culture whereby all students are challenged, develop their individual skills & exposed to thinking and problem solving strategies. As such we also offer programs to students who have specific interests.
Skills include general intelligence, specific academic studies, visual and performing arts, physical ability, creative thinking, interpersonal and intrapersonal.
Programs offered include:
- Film Fest
- Reader's Cup
- Premier's Reading Challenge
- UNSW Tests (Science, Writing, English & Math)
- Maths Tournament
- Junior & Senior Choir
- Instrumental Music
- Interschool, District & Regional sports
At Beerwah State School our focus is on maximising learning outcomes for all students & developing a culture whereby all students are challenged, develop their individual skills & exposed to thinking and problem solving strategies.
We are committed to ensuring that all students develop a strong foundation in literacy and numeracy in the early years as a basis for progress in all future learning.
In order to ensure that all learners reach their potential in literacy and numeracy, we have implemented programs to monitor the performance of those at risk of falling behind and to provide targeted support.
The support programs we offer are:
- Teacher Aide support in class for Indigenous students Prep-7
- In class support for students by a teacher to improve literacy and numeracy
- Support-A-Reader for students in Years 1,2 & 3
- Support-A-Talker for students in Prep & Year 1
- Online reading program every morning before school
- Individual support for identified students to improve literacy and numeracy
- Focussed Reading Groups three times weekly for students in Years 5-7
- Rotational Reading Groups daily for students in Year 3
- Intervention Program - teacher aide daily programs